"Many Faces, One Song!"
Mankato Children's Chorus singers
will present a spring concert
Sunday, April 17 3:00pm
Christ Chapel; Gustavus Adolphus College St. Peter, MN
Choirs will present music representing the community of singers that compose MCC. The choirs will combine in various groups to show this community including a piece for all boys and a separate piece for all girls from our first graders through high school singers. We are many faces of children singing with one voice to present one song.
The MCC Winter Concert was a beautiful presentation of seasonal, traditional, folk and classic choral pieces. Choirs sang traditional carols during transitions in the concert. The audience joined the choirs singing "O Come All Ye Faithful" and the choirs concluded the concert with John Rutter's Angel's Carol.
We will be joined by an alumni and parent choir on our massed choir piece, "Angel's Carol" by John Rutter.
Tickets are available at the door and online at Eventbrite.com.
If you know a child that likes to sing, contact us for more information to
register for our current season.
MCC is a non-profit, non-auditioned community choir with 5 choirs for singingers in grades 1 - 12.
Send us an email or call if you have questions
The chorus was selected to perform at the Nobel Conferences at Gustavus Adolphus College in 2001 and 2004, Festival of the States in Washington D.C. in 2000 and 2008, and Minnesota Music Educators Conference in 1998 and 2007. MCC has collaborated in joint performances with area arts organizations such as:
- Suzuki School of Music
- Mankato Symphony Orchestra
- Mankato Area Youth Symphony
- St. Peter High School Choir
- MSU Concert Choir
- Mankato Ballet
- Minnesota Valley Chorale
- Dakota Meadows Middle School Choir
- Mankato East High School Choir
The choirs present yearly winter and spring concerts and also sing at civic events, school concerts, and choral festivals.
MCC has choirs for any youth in grades 1-12, who enjoys singing and lives in the region.
- Training & Intermediate Choirs: Grades 1-3 Vocal techniques, basic note-reading, movement, games
- Youth Choir: Grades 4-5 Continued vocal techniques, beginning octavo reading, singing in two parts
- Concert Choir: Grades 6-8 Continued vocal techniques with singers using head voice, three part octavo reading.
- Melodia Choir: High School Men and Women, grades 9-12 Continued vocal techniques with changing and changed voices singing in four part, SATB as well as separate men's and women's choirs.
MCC Rehearses Monday evenings at Christ The King Lutheran Church; 222 Pfau Street; Mankato
Times for rehearsals are:
- Training and Youth Choirs - 5:00 - 5:45
- Intermediate Choir - 6:00 - 6:45
- Concert Choir - 6:00 - 7:10
- Melodia Men - 6:45 - 7:15
- Melodia Mixed Choir - 7:15 - 8:00
- Melodia Women - 8:00 - 8:30
CONTACT US: 507-387-9007
P.O. Box 3482 ~ Mankato, MN ~ 56002