Welcome to the Mankato Children's Chorus!
Makato's Premier chorus for area youth in
grades 1 through 12
We are currently registering singers for the 2016-2017 season.
Register online by going to the "click and register" link in the side bar or through mail by downloading and mailing the registration form also found in a link in the side bar. You are also invited to stop by at our registration morning on Saturday, September 10 between
9:30am and noon to register in person.
Directors will be on hand to answer questions you may have about the choirs.
We're going to CHICAGO!!!!!
The Mankato Children's Chorus Concert (grades 6-8) and Melodia (grades 9-12) choirs have been selected to participate in the "Windy City Choral Festival"
Directed by Z. Randall Stroope, the composer of our Traditional season closing song, Omnia Sol.
All singers in grades 6 - 12 are invited to join the festival tour
which will take place March 16 - 19, 2017.
The festival tour will combine music rehearsals for the festival with sight seeing excursions
and historical tours throughout the city of Chicago.
If you have a child that is in grades 6 - 12 and would be interested in joining MCC this season and participating on this tour, follow the registration procedure for the choir listed above or in the sidebar and attend the parent meeting on September 12 (the first night of rehearsals) to find out more information.
If you know a child that likes to sing, contact us for more information to
register for our current season.
MCC is a non-profit, non-auditioned community choir with 5 choirs for singingers in grades 1 - 12.
Send us an email or call if you have questions
Through the rehearsal and performance of quality choral music, youth develop artistic expressiveness, self-confidence, a cooperative spirit, and the joy of working toward and achieving goals. Founded in January 1994 with one choir of 30, MCC has grown to the current number of more than 150 youth and five choirs serving grades 1-12. MCC is open to all young people who enjoy singing, and includes students from the greater Mankato region. Scholarships are available to all applicants.
The chorus was selected to perform at the Nobel Conferences at Gustavus Adolphus College in 2001 and 2004, Festival of the States in Washington D.C. in 2000 and 2008, and Minnesota Music Educators Conference in 1998 and 2007. MCC has collaborated in joint performances with area arts organizations such as:
- Suzuki School of Music
- Mankato Symphony Orchestra
- Mankato Area Youth Symphony
- St. Peter High School Choir
- MSU Concert Choir
- Mankato Ballet
- Minnesota Valley Chorale
- Dakota Meadows Middle School Choir
- Mankato East High School Choir
The choirs present yearly winter and spring concerts and also sing at civic events, school concerts, and choral festivals.
MCC has choirs for any youth in grades 1-12, who enjoys singing and lives in the region.
- Training & Intermediate Choirs: Grades 1-3 Vocal techniques, basic note-reading, movement, games
- Youth Choir: Grades 4-5 Continued vocal techniques, beginning octavo reading, singing in two parts
- Concert Choir: Grades 6-8 Continued vocal techniques with singers using head voice, three part octavo reading.
- Melodia Choir: High School Men and Women, grades 9-12 Continued vocal techniques with changing and changed voices singing in four part, SATB as well as separate men's and women's choirs.
MCC Rehearses Monday evenings at Christ The King Lutheran Church; 222 Pfau Street; Mankato
Times for rehearsals are:
- Training and Youth Choirs - 5:00 - 5:45
- Intermediate Choir - 6:00 - 6:45
- Concert Choir - 6:00 - 7:00
- Melodia Men - 6:30 - 7:00
- Melodia Mixed Choir - 7:10 - 8:00
- Melodia Women - 8:00 - 8:30
CONTACT US: 507-387-9007
P.O. Box 3482 ~ Mankato, MN ~ 56002